Monday, November 30, 2009

The Cupcake Bakery

Anyone who knows me, knows I love cupcakes. The thing is though, I mostly just like to look at them, not eat them. I think they're very cute. I even have a cupcake tattooed on my arm. It, too, is quite cute. Vanilla with strawberry frosting, and a cherry on top!
After learning that Sydney's Cupcake Bakery opened down here in Melbourne, I knew I had to have a look. I was mostly searching for a red velvet cupcake, because they intrigue me. They're so... red! The Cupcake Bakery makes ~18 flavours, even some gluten free cupcakes. They also make "Maxi-Cupcakes" that can feed up to 12 people.
The cupcakes are $3.50 - $4.50 each, depending on which flavour you choose. They have a great deal where you can have a coffee (or tea) and a cupcake for $5. A great deal for cheapskates like me. I chose a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting. It wasn't too bad. The frosting wasn't super sweet, which is what usually turns me off cupcakes. Next time I hope to try a Hummingbird cupcake.

The Cupcake Bakery
Shop GD006, Menzies Lane
Melbourne Central, LaTrobe St
Melbourne
Choc-Vanilla cupcake and English Breakfast tea

Super-fuzzy photo from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment