Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wagamama

A couple of weeks ago I ventured out to Chadstone Shopping Centre so I could take a look at the renovations. I arrived around lunch time and decided to head to Wagamama for lunch as I hadn't been there since the QV restaurant had closed. I was seated at a massive but lonely table down the back, as I was dining alone. Not long after, a lady came back to take my order. They always serve amazing fresh juices, so I ordered the special juice for the day - apple, rockmelon and passionfruit. I also ordered the vegetarian (yasai) cha han. Also known as, vegetarian fried rice.

Thankfully I brought a book to read because my food seemed to take a life time. My drink was brought out five minutes after I had ordered it. My food, although ordered at the same time as my drink, took 45 minutes. Yes, that's right. 45 minutes. If not more. I had one or two people ask if I had even ordered any food or was just there for a drink.

This, of course, really annoyed me and I wanted to tell them just to forget it, but then I would waste even more time trying to find some other food. They did redeem themselves later on, though. As I went up to pay the bill, the lady asked me if my food was late and then proceeded to put a comment into the register. She then only charged me for my drink. That definitely made me feel better. $4.50 for a fresh juice and massive bowl of rice? Hell yeah.

The rice was okay, but I could make it myself at home. I should have gone with my usual Wagamama Ramen. Maybe next time.

Wagamama
Chadstone Shopping Centre
Lower Ground Level
1341 Dandenong Road, Melbourne



Apple, rockmelon and passionfruit juice. An amazing combination.


Yasai Cha Han.
Vegetarian fried rice, including fried tofu, pumpkin, mushrooms and snowpeas. Good combination, but something I could quite easily make myself at home.


The included side dishes with my rice: Miso soup and pickled vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment